As we have been going through applications for our 1:1 nutrition coaching program, I have seen more and more people looking to step away from using the number on the scale as the main goal and more of the non-scale wins that can bring us success.
Personally, I think the non-scale wins are even more important than the scale changing, that is because a number on the scale won't show us all of the other amazing feedback that non-scale wins will, like energy levels, how your clothes fit, etc.
You can have weight loss be a goal, but we can't make that our only goal. At the end of the day, wanting to be a certain weight just because is not a strong enough WHY to be able to bring you there.
Wondering what we can base our success off of beyond the scale?
- How our clothes are fitting
- Feeling hunger signs
- What our energy level is throughout the day
- Quality of sleep
- How confident and comfortable we feel with our food choices
- Less guilt around eating fun foods
- Going to the bathroom daily and not having any bloating/digesting issues
- Higher libido
- Seeing results from the gym
- Having more confidence in yourself
These are just SOME of the results that we can see when balancing our diet, taking control over our nutrition and giving our bodies what they need.
Notice that these goals are also focused on quality of life and how good you'll feel, rather than a number that doesn't show us much at all.
Having a hard time achieving your goals on your own? Don't worry! That's why we are here! We are here to help you!